Monday, May 10, 2010

Marble Cake a.k.a., the Coffee Dunking Cake


This cake is very simple to make, the key, however, is to use the right type of cocoa. My bubby always used Droste Cocoa, which I believe is a Dutch cocoa. Using any ol' generic brand won't do, it has to be a higher-end cocoa. The cake comes out very dense and uses very little sugar so it soaks in all of the coffee, or milk, that you dunk it in. It is one of my favorite dunking cakes, next to her Mundel Bread which is like a Jewish version of a biscotti. (I'll be making those in a couple of weeks). When I made this yesterday for Mother's day, I completely forgot to make the chocolate frosting, and boy did I get an earful from my mom! Yes, the frosting made the cake and I will have to make it again with the frosting to get the true flavor. Great recipe though overall and easy to make. The best part is that you can marbelize it as little or as much as you want, and it's fun for kids to be able to make the marble swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment