Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chocolate Rum Cake - Very Disappointing!


When I read this recipe I was very hesitant to make it. It asked for chocolate pudding mix and cake mix and a bunch of other stuff. I was so surprised that my bubby would have simplified the cake and used a cake mix! I was told by my aunt that cake mix was a new invention at the time so people were trying to incorporate it in their cooking to simplify the recipes.

I made the recipe and it was incredibly watery so I added a bit of flour. I baked it for 10 minutes longer then the recipe called for until the toothpick came out clean. When I was finally able to get it out of the pan, all of the chocolate chips had sunk to the bottom since the batter was still liquid and the cake seemed raw still and tasted disgusting. I am so bummed that this recipe was even in her collection.

I can't remember her ever making it, and now I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment