Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trying Out the 1st dessert - Apple Cake Squares


Since I couldn't decide which to do first, I thought I would go in alphabetical order...so, I began with Apple Cake Squares. I found out from my mom that this is a recipe created by both my bubby and her sister Jenny, who was also a baker.

The recipe was very easy to make; I only used one bowl and a spatula and hand mixed everything so this is definitely a great recipe if you want minimal clean up! They came out perfectly moist and are loaded with apples and walnuts. For the book I will recommend slicing the apples thinly and then chopping them into small pieces. There is a lot of sugar in this recipe, but boy does it taste delicious! It is even better with a bit of melted butter on it, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment